Chances are a shiny, new smartphone is on your holiday wish list this year, and with the holidays right around the corner you’re probably chomping at the bit for your new device. You’ve most likely spent weeks searching for the phone of your dreams and the possibilities for your new phone seem endless. Let’s be real – with apps like Angry Bird Star Wars, SwiftKey 3 and Skyvi who wouldn’t be excited for a new phone? We’ve crafted a list of tips you should follow when setting up your new device over the holidays.
- Safeguard your phone. Set a password lock on your device. A password is the first line of defense against security threats.
- Buy an Otterbox phone case. What’s worse than a cracked screen? Limit your chances of scratching or dinging your phone by protecting it with an Otterbox case. Otterbox cases are known for their durability and can save you the cost of replacing a broken phone.
- Buy a car charger. We all hate when our phones die. Why deal with the stress of worrying about your battery running out? Keep a car charger with you when you’re on the go.
- Register your phone. Whether it’s an Android or iPhone, registering your phone on Google Play or on the iTunes App Store is a smart idea. This way you’ll have easy access to both app stores.
- Download Lookout. Lookout offers top-rated protection from mobile threats, it can find your lost or stolen phone, and it backs up all your precious data. Leave your worries about hackers and lost phones behind.
Curios about essential apps to download? We’ve come up with those too.
- Evernote is a free, easy-to-use app that helps you remember things when you’re at home, at work, or on the go. Stay organized, write down your thoughts, and increase productivity.
- Google Search is the fastest, easiest way to access information on your mobile device. The app includes voice detection and allows you to personalize your search results based on your location.
- Kindle gives you the ability to read millions of books on an easy-to-use interface. With Kindle, you can skip the bookstore and get straight to reading on your mobile phone.
- Mint lets you keep track of your money and helps you stay on top of your finances. The app allows you to build a monthly budget and alerts you of all your money transactions.
- Lookout Mobile Security will keep your life on mobile secure. The free app protects you from malware, tracks your lost phone and backs up your precious information.
What apps will you download when you unwrap your hot, new phone this holiday season?
Image courtesy C4 Universe.