January 24, 2013

Top 5 Lock Screen Messages

The moment someone returns a lost phone : priceless. The message you leave the person who found your phone to get it back : legendary.

With Lookout’s customizable Lock screen feature, you give the person who found your phone a way to get it in contact with you, helping you get it back. Life is too important to take seriously though, so Rachel and I had some fun with Lock screen messages you could put on your phone should you lose it.

What would you put on your Lock screen?

#1
Lost my wallet, phone and dignity last night. Please help me get one of those back.

#2
Me without my phone is like Real Housewives without cheap wine.

#3
Call Me, Maybe?

#4
Missing last night: husband and this phone. Reward for phone.

#5

1. Greg says:

I have been looking all over for this feature but can not find it. Where do I need to go to find it? I have looked on my phone as well as online. All I see is what you have posted on Facebook that it exist.

• Jenna Kozel says:

Hi Greg, If you are a Premium user, login to http://www.lookout.com and click on the ‘Missing Phone’ tab. Then, click on the ‘Lock’ icon. A pop-up screen will help appear where you can enter your information for the Lock screen.

2. Jodi says:

Is this for both iPhone AND Android ?

• Jenna Kozel says:

Hi Jodi, This is currently only available for Android, however, we are exploring options for our iPhone app as well!

3. Jodi says:

ty I have an iPhone & an iPad and would switch to premium if this feature existed

4. Angie says:

haha! i think #5 is great! would definitely use that one for sure!

5. Lee says:

I was under the mistaken impression that buying premium would allow me to use a feature in which I could create a customizable lock screen message that displayed whenever my phone was locked – meaning a standard, default lock screen that is shown whenever the phone is “woken up”, just in case I misplace it or someone steals it. (My phone is PIN protected.)

However, after signing up just now, it appears that I can only program such a message to appear while simultaneously locking my phone over the web and getting a separate PIN code to unlock it. This seems to be meant as a service for people who are trying to get back phones that are ALREADY missing or stolen!

This is not the feature I want; I already use several other great free apps that do the things this app does, like snap a picture if someone is entering incorrect PIN codes into my phone.

Thus, the ability to create a permanent, customizable lock-out screen is the only feature offered by this app that I was interested in, because I’ve been unable to find a good free alternative elsewhere. And if that’s what this app enabled me to do, it would have been worth the money. But what I thought I was paying for is apparently not what I am getting. And so now, I would like a refund.

When I went to this page: https://support.lookout.com/entries/21110468-How-can-I-get-a-refund-for-my-Premium-purchase-

…and clicked the “Open a ticket” link, I was shown a message that says “Oops.
    The page you were looking for doesn’t exist.
    You may have mistyped the address or the page may have moved.
    Take me back to the home page”.

I will try emailing a copy of this to the email address given at the above URL.

6. Christine says:

Top 5 Lock Screen Messages:

I can’t decide between message #1 and the message #4!!

1.) Lost my wallet, phone, and dignity last night. Help me get one of these back. You can reach me at: (other #) 999-9999 (Email) me@email.com.

4.) Missing last night: husband and this phone. Reward for return of phone.

7. Kenya M says:

Acabo de bloquear mi celular con el ejemplo dado arriba, para cuando se me perdiera y la persona que lo encuentre me localize. NO anote la clave de 4 numeros, porque al darme cuenta de lo que estaba haciendo, trate de salir y sali. Me dice que hubo un error y salio al menu principal de mi telefono; pero para mi sorpresa me llega un mensaje, y era la ALERTA del bloqueo que se menciona arriba! Ahora no tengo los 4 numeros para desbloquear y me queda 1 intento. Si me pueden ayudar!!!

8. Max says:

Hi, will it also be available for android tablets soon?