It’s 2013, and we’re doing more activities online than ever before. Whether you’re shopping, online banking, or Tweeting, it’s a privilege to live in this cyber reality. With privilege, though, comes great responsibility. Being safe on the web means following best practices and staying up to date on the latest vulnerabilities. Reading these 5 insightful articles won’t leave every cybersecurity stone unturned, but it’s a solid start:
- President Barack Obama is near issuing an executive order that would set cybersecurity standards for companies operating core U.S. infrastructures.
- Yesterday, the European Union launched a cybersecurity directive calling for all states to form Computer Emergency Response Teams (CERTs).
- The U.S. Federal Communications Commission recently issued 10 cybersecurity tips for small businesses.
- The U.S. Department of Homeland Security gives helpful advice about cybersecurity on their website.
- On the go? Check out this short Wall Street Journal video about staying safe online.
As always, Lookout has all your devices and cybersecurity questions covered. Please feel free to reach out to us!