September 2, 2016

Update: Lookout re-airing on 60 Minutes

Screen Shot 2016-04-17 at 5.34.59 PM

Updated 9/2/2016: The segment will re-air on 9/4/2016. Interested in getting more in-depth information on our attack demonstrations? Read about how we did the Wi-Fi attack here and the mobile malware attack here

Tonight, 60 Minutes featured Lookout co-founder John Hering and a number of other well-known and respected security researchers demonstrating mobile attacks.

This snippet of conversation from the segment, captures the reality of mobile security:

60 Minutes’ Sharyn Alfonsi: “Is everything hackable?”
Hering: “Yes.”
A: “Everything?”
H: “Yes.”
A: “If somebody tells you, ‘You can’t do it’?”
H: “I wouldn’t believe them.”

As the segment continues a number of ways smartphones can be attacked are shown. For example, John explains the issues with spoofed Wi-Fi networks that, when connected to, could give an attacker a live view of the activity on your device. The segment also looks at an attack that uses only a phone number to spy on a targeted device.

Lookout provides safer solutions for everybody

At Lookout, we’ve been committed to helping the world become safer as it gets more connected since 2007. In that time we’ve developed a suite of products, including mobile apps for personal and enterprise security.

To detect mobile threats and protect your privacy you can download Lookout from the Google Play or App Store here:
Screen Shot 2016-04-15 at 4.41.21 PM Screen Shot 2016-04-15 at 4.41.11 PM

For enterprise technology and security teams, there’s Mobile Threat Protection, Lookout’s mobile security solution for business, that integrates with existing MDM and EMM solutions to deliver comprehensive security for the mobile threat landscape.

Learn more about Mobile Threat Protection in this video that shows the lightweight endpoint apps, admin dashboard, and simple provisioning.

Mobile security is more important than ever

As tonight’s episode showed, phones can be hacked. While this is a true statement, it’s not a cause for alarm. Lookout is laser-focused on creating products that serve and delight not just IT administrators and CSOs, but individuals as well. You don’t have to worry about mobile security, because we will.

However, if you’ve been waiting for the right time to pay attention to mobile security, that time is now.

1. Vivienne Alpert says:

I’ve had nothing but problems
    since I downloaded your app.
    I want out!

• Meghan Kelly says:

Hi Vivienne, I’m sorry to hear you’re having trouble. Would you please send us your feedback and some details around what’s going on to our support team? Hopefully we can help figure out what’s going on here. support [at] lookout [dot] com

• I’m having problems with my phone I’ve had to reset the password 20x I don’t know exactly how to fix it I can’t get on account that I want to get on and I don’t understand why

• I don’t think that the problem is you’re at I think it’s my phone maybe my phone is hacked I don’t know

• Meghan Kelly says:

Hi Patience, I’m sorry to hear you’re having trouble. Unfortunately, I’m not sure I can diagnose what’s going on here. Would you please reach out to our support team and include the email address associated with your Lookout account? support [at] lookout [dot] com. Thanks!

2. Hector Astacio says:

Its nice

3. Virginia says:

I love this app.

4. Racquel says:

I recognize that I cannot uninstall this app, why is that so?

• Meghan Kelly says:

Hi Racquel, Lookout comes preloaded on some devices, which means you will not be able to delete the application. This is a decision made by your carrier. While you can’t uninstall the app, you can still deactivate it, if desired: https://faq.lookout.com/topics/21458549

That said, we’d love to continue protecting you! If you have any questions about Lookout or if you need any help deactivating, please feel free to reach out to our support team: support [at] lookout [dot] com

5. sarah says:

how much does it cost?

• Meghan Kelly says:

Hi Sarah, if you’re wondering about Lookout Premium, it costs $2.99 a month. Hope that helps. If you have any other questions, feel free to reach out to our support team: support [at] lookout [dot] com